Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: What's your gear?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member drummey13's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hey all you fellow guitarists and other musicians list your gear. Here is my gear:

    -Black Fender Standard Strat
    -Satin Black Squier Standard Strat (Plays and sounds as good as any Fender)
    -Red Jackson JX-10 with three single coil Duncan-Design Hot-rails pickups
    -Behringer GX210 60 Watt amp
    -Danelectro T-Bone Distortion pedal (Best Social D sounding distortion)
    -Morley Pro Wah (You know, for Hendrix and what not)
    -Fender Strings (Original 150's 10-46)
    -Dunlop heavy picks

    Please excuse me for not having a les paul right now I am only 16 and I am trying to save my money up to buy a Epiphone 57 gold top with p-90s.

    I also play drums

    -Yamaha Stage Custom drumset (marina green)
    -Sabian 14" Pro hi-hats
    -Sabian 16" Pro Studio Crash
    -Paiste 10" 502 Splash
    -Sabian 15" B8 Crash
    -Sabian 20" B8 Pro Power Rock Ride
    -Wuhan 16" China
    -Wuhan 12" China
    -Aquarian Performance II heads on toms
    -Remo Emperor on snare
    -Pearl double pedal
    -Vater Sticks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Return Of Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2003
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    - Left handed Gibson Les Paul Standard
    - Ibanez RG470 Custom
    - Marshall MG100HDFX head
    - Marshall cab
    - Anything but earne ball strings (unless I really have to use em)
    - And I don't care too much about picks...just as long as they don't slip outta my hand. =)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Rat_Fink's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Used Epiphone Les Paul (dont know what type)
    Gibson Pete Townshend Sg
    1980s Marshall JCM 800 2203 half-stack
    Ernie Ball 10-52 strings
    jim dunlop nylon medium picks(last forever)

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ok, here is my submission:

    1. 2 1980 Gibson les paul heritage standards.
    2. 1 1980 Gibson les paul heritage elite standard
    3. 1 1981 Gibson les paul heritage standard.
    4. who cares what kind of strings?
    5. 1 Fender Mexican standard strat.
    6. Marshall JCM-800 half stack.
    7. Old ass Fender tweed amp from like the late 50s (dont know much more)
    8. Tons of picks (soft - hard)
    9. Dont use pedals.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Buzzcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My gear:

    1) A fancy sports car
    2) GHB
    3) Water bed
    4) Lava lamp

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Return Of Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2003
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by wolfpits:

    5. 1 Fender Mexican standard strat.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    How does that strat sound? I want a tele..but some people tell me mexican starts and teles sound like crap as compared to american ones. I know they cost alot less (which is nice for someone like myself). In a perfect world I would love to have a vintage tele...but with being left handed I've found it to be a big pain playing upside down, so it'd be a waste.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member tysonlb's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you all suck...

    I rock:

    Fender Tele (mexican)
    Fender Deluxe 112
    Dunlop Tortex picks (the orange ones)

    don't get scared!!! [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    word

  8. #8
    Inactive Member tysonlb's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by Return Of Junkie:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by wolfpits:

    5. 1 Fender Mexican standard strat.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    How does that strat sound? I want a tele..but some people tell me mexican starts and teles sound like crap as compared to american ones. I know they cost alot less (which is nice for someone like myself). In a perfect world I would love to have a vintage tele...but with being left handed I've found it to be a big pain playing upside down, so it'd be a waste.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I have a mexican tele and all I can tell you is the difference is in the fret size (the actual metal pieces) and in the construction of the pickups and what-not. I like the way my mexican plays, that's why I bought it over an american. But, the sound is very different, also, so just play them and buy what you like.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member gotXyourXcancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2003
    Posts
    500
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    personally when i buy guitars...i shoot big and go expensive and get the real deal, if im gonna buy a les paul, im gonna buy a friggin Gibson, not an epiphone. if im gonna buy a fender, im buyin a friggin fender, not a squier. BUT, as for mexican made fenders...

    truthfully...theyre not THAT much worse then american BECAUSE::::: all the old AMERICAN FENDER building equipment goes to mexico when the american factories gets new stuff. so yer basically just gettin a guitar like how it was built back in the day...which aint too bad and is kinda cool. but i would rather have an american made also...but thats always a thought to keep in mind.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member tysonlb's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by gotXyourXcancer:
    personally when i buy guitars...i shoot big and go expensive and get the real deal, if im gonna buy a les paul, im gonna buy a friggin Gibson, not an epiphone. if im gonna buy a fender, im buyin a friggin fender, not a squier. BUT, as for mexican made fenders...

    truthfully...theyre not THAT much worse then american BECAUSE::::: all the old AMERICAN FENDER building equipment goes to mexico when the american factories gets new stuff. so yer basically just gettin a guitar like how it was built back in the day...which aint too bad and is kinda cool. but i would rather have an american made also...but thats always a thought to keep in mind.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Amen...that's what I was tryin' to get at...
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •